Sunday 9 May 2021

Cider Tasting #1 - Crooked Apple Cider

It's about time I tried to get some video on the site so I thought I'd restart the Cider Tastings I used to do on my partner's Facebook page. I like cider. 

For reference sake let me say that I generally regard cider as needing to be made from, and taste of, apples. That's the deal. I don't in any way go for these Swedish RTDs that masquerade as cider. In fact, most fruit-flavoured ciders are a bit of an abomination. Or at least they have been until fairly recently when makers started getting a lot subtler with their additions, trusting drinkers to actually like cider in the first place rather than needing a different fruit to sell it.

My favourite non-craft everyday cider as go-to would be Mac's Cloudy Apple, crisp and clean, appley and not too sweet with a good level of carbonation. So that's my baselines for tasting ciders. Let's get started...


For those after a bit more technical information, it is 5.2% alcohol by volume, a 500ml bottle and there is of course a Crooked Cider Website.

 ****************************************************

Just a reminder - the A Debt To Pleasure Facebook page is up and running, with lots more (shorter) things than here, including a Song of the Day. Come Like and/or Follow it - all sorts of groovy stuff is in the works! 

No comments:

Post a Comment